Wow.

That is the only word that comes to mind.




I am just in awe of the wondrous and majestic power of our loving Father in Heaven. How finely tuned each day is to the miracles that he procures through us, if we allow it and open our eyes to see them. There are just so many things going on in my head that it makes it quite impossible for slumber and since I've been MIA from the blog scene for forever (I've been playing with my nephews and it's really just been "summer" these past 6 months:)


so, I thought I would type one last hoorah before I enter the MTC in a week!!!!!

I have always loved learning new things and I knew one day that I would attend college. I guess, you could say that it was a dream of mine to go to school... sure. But, a mission. I have prayed so hard and long to know if this is what I'm supposed to do and upon receiving such a strong answer as to confirm it and dispelling any confusion that was before me, it was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had. I leave in a week to serve a full-time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Bulgaria Sofia Mission. There could not be more joy or happiness in my life right now. I know that the Lord is preparing us for what is to come ahead and I feel like I've been strengthened tremendously and given many learning opportunities to be patient, to be kind, to be submissive, to be the peacemaker, to be forgiving, etc. We are given these opportunities to live and learn because the Lord knows and trusts that we can succeed.

I feel like I have to get it all out of my system right now. It is a new year and all... so, here are my New Year's Resolutions:
1. Laugh more. I feel like everyone benefits from laughter. You get firm abs, you get those wrinkles on the side of your eyes that I hope to have someday:) and you live a longer life, I feel. I love the General Conference talk by Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin, "Come What May and Love It", couldn't have said it better myself.
2. Read the Bible. Cover to cover. I feel like there is much to learn from our ancestor's experiences! It's a book full of journal entries on how to survive this life. They did it without television, indoor plumbing or fad diets... I feel enlightened just thinking about reading it.
3. Love my God, my family and myself. Mainly just be more loving towards everyone. Love can change the world! I truly know that and I've seen it.
4. Be inspired. There are so many distractions in this life. I am taking the time to breath in the beat of a song, the encouragement of a friend, the fact that the sun is still shining above those thick, dense clouds, the wisdom of a seasoned saint, the beauty of this gorgeous earth... the list goes on because life is just that good.

Wow! The Lord really has called me to serve a mission to the people of Bulgaria!



Wow! This is exactly how I feel sometimes...


Wow! I cannot believe how fast everything is changing.




Wow! My heart feels unlike anything it has before.




God be with you 'til we meet again. (that is one of my favorite Hymns! )



Comments

  1. You are so amazing Michelle. I'm so glad we were roommates last year. Thanks for the wonderful example you are to me. I am just absolutely thrilled for you. You are going to be an awesome missionary. Bulgaria will be lucky to have you!

    Love,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excitement!!! Love you Michelle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts